6 Safety Tips to Protect Your Family From Air Pollution
In the human body, oxygen is the most single abundant element. You’re breathing oxygen nearly every second of everyday and it’s definitely very vital to us. Without adequate oxygen, health problems are guaranteed. However, pollution has filled the air with toxins, harmful gases, chemical vapors and dust, that are not only restricted to outdoors but find their ways inside our homes too. Children and elders are more vulnerable to the harmful effects of air pollution.
Here are 6 Safety tips to protect your family from unhealthy and harmful air pollution and make them live in a healthy environment.
- Consider purchasing an indoor air purifier
With this First Alert Carbon Monoxide, you can keep your family safe with this easy-to-use plug-in carbon monoxide alarm; it works with any standard outlet and also has a battery backup for continuous monitoring of Carbon Monoxide levels, even if there’s a power failure.
Tip: To ensure complete protection make sure to place one on each level of your home and in each bedroom
2. Avoid Air Fresheners
Majority of of air fresheners contain chemicals which can aggravate asthma and affect reproductive development. Most of these chemicals are harmful to infants and children. The following chemicals are exposed in the air fresheners:
- Allergens: contain irritants to the airways;
- Volatile organic compounds: can produce eye, nose, and throat irritation, nausea, headaches, damage to liver, kidneys, central nervous system, and more.
- Formaldehyde: is found in significant amounts in electric air fresheners and can result in eye, nose, or throat irritation, coughing, wheezing, bronchitis and dizziness.
- Phthalates: Hormone-disrupting chemicals found in 12 of 14 studied air fresheners that may pose a particular health risk to babies and young children.
- 1,4 dichlorobenzene : Harmful to the lungs and found to result in liver cancer in mice with lifetime exposure.
3. Keep filters on air conditioners and heaters clean
- This item perfect fit for 09 10 11 12 13 Hyundai Genesis
- This item perfect fit for 09 10 11 12 New Equus
- Genuine factory item
- Perfect fit with your car
- Made in Korea
As the air conditioner not only reduces the home’s temperature to a cool and comfortable level, it will also help maintain a clean and fresh internal atmosphere. This is made possible via the air filter.
4. Vacuum often
5. Surround yourself with air purifying plants
These plants mentioned above act as the natural air filters absorbing the gaseous pollutants like carbon dioxide, particulate dust, oxides of nitrogen and sulphur. Not only do they absorb the high quantity of carbon dioxide, but also produces sufficient fresh oxygen.
You should place such indoor and outdoor plants in and around their houses and at workplaces to circulate fresh air all around.
6. Healthy Diet
Lastly, build strong immunity of your family by drinking homemade hot soups and green tea every day. Eat well-balanced diet to get plentiful antioxidants and nutrients that control free radicals. Drink lots of water and other liquids to remove toxins from your body. And always soak fruits and veggies for 1 hour in plain water to shed pollutants and pesticides sticking on them.