20+ Free Tech Tools For Teachers To Make Learning More Fun!
In this day and age, technology plays a key role in educators’ lives.
” Innovation is your only hope. And the only new game in town is technology”- Bill Gates
According to the surveys, 96% of teachers say technology has a positive impact on education. By embracing technology in the classroom, it is completely transforming the way that schools teach, and the way the children learn.
Below are the ultimate lists of free technology tools that every teacher can use in the classroom to make their teaching more interactive and very effective.
1.Infogram can create infographics and interactive online charts. It’s free and super-easy!
2. Announcify Listen to your web. Announcify reads out loud every website you want. For example, if you’re too exhausted but still need to read one more article, Announcify can help your tired eyes relax.
3. Balabolka Balabolka is a Text-To-Speech (TTS) program. All computer voices installed on your system are available to Balabolka. The on-screen text can be saved as a WAV, MP3, MP4, OGG or WMA file. The program can read the clipboard content, view text from documents, customize font and background color, control reading from the system tray or by the global hotkeys.
4. PowerTalk is a free program that automatically speaks any presentation or slide show running in Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows. You can download and install PowerTalk and while you open and run the presentation, as usual, it speaks the text on your slides. The advantage over other generic ‘ Text-To-Speech programs is that PowerTalk is able to speak text as it appears and can also speak hidden text attached to images.
5 Animoto Unlimited Videos For Educators. Enhance your digital classroom with Animoto, an ideal tool for creating videos and presentations. It takes just minutes to create a video which brings your lessons to life. Educators can apply for a free Animoto Plus account for use in the classroom. Its powerful features can be used to create stunning presentations incorporating images, video clips, music, and text.
6. Slidestory Combine sharing pictures and narration and what do you get? Slidestory! Tell your story. Share your photos. Narrate it with your own voice. Slidestory is a new, exciting and FREE way to make presentations and share them on the Internet.
7. ShowMe Interactive Whiteboard Turn your Ipad into your personal interactive whiteboard! ShowMe allows you to record voice-over whiteboard tutorials and share them online. It’s an amazingly simple app that anyone can use, no matter how young or old!
8. SurveyMonkey is the world’s most popular online survey tool. It’s easier than ever to send free surveys, polls, questionnaires, customer feedback, and market research. Plus get access to survey questions and professional templates.
9. Screenpresso captures your screen (screenshots and HD videos) for your training documents, collaborative design work, IT bug reports and more.
10. Evernote Remember everything. Save your ideas, things you like, things you hear and things you see. Evernote works with nearly every computer, phone, and mobile device out there. Search by keyword, tag or even printed or handwritten text inside images.
11. Hott Notes Free sticky notes reminders for your desktop. A simple, easy-to-use sticky notes software for windows.
12. Glogster Looking for a new way to express yourself? Mashup music, photos, videos, and more to express what you care about. Your ideas, your emotions, your Glogster. Glogster costs 10 seconds to sign up. That’s it. It’s free and always will be.
13. Voki Voki is a FREE service that lets you create customized avatars. Add voice to your VOKI avatars. Post your Voki to any blog, website, or profile. Take advantage of Voki’s learning resources.
14. ClassTools Create free games, quizzes, activities, and diagrams in seconds! Host them on your own blog, website or intranet! No sign-up! No passwords! No charge!
15. EasyTestMaker is a free online test generator to help you create your tests. You can create multiple choice, fill-in-the-blanks, matching, short answer, and true and false questions all on the same test. You can also insert instructions and divide your tests into multiple sections.
16. Edgames Use games to enhance your classroom teaching! On this site, you will find more than just one or two games. We have categories of games for all types of classrooms.
17. Kahoot makes it easy to create, share and play fun learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes.
18. BigBlueButton enables universities and colleges to deliver a high-quality learning experience to remote students. It is a web conferencing system designed for online learning.
19. LessonWriter is a tool for teachers that allows them to create lessons from any passage. These courses allow teachers to be creative with their lesson plans and also saves them a great deal of time. You can create comprehensive literacy lesson plans and student materials from any content in minutes.
20. Ezvid is a 100% free video creation tool that allows you to capture everything that appears on your computer screen. It also allows you to edit your recorded videos by splitting your recordings, inserting text and audio, controlling the speed and even drawing directly on your screen. There’s also a Gaming Mode especially designed for gamers to avoid black screen problems when recordings such as Diablo III and Call of Duty which is full of screen games. You can save your edited videos for later use or you may directly upload them on YouTube.
21. PublicDomainPictures.net is a repository for free public domain photos. You can download high-quality photos, upload your own pictures, earn money to charity, get exposure and gain popularity and improve your photographic and graphic skills.
If you know more tech tools that you have been using in your classroom, please do share for our educators to make their teaching more enjoyable, easy, and enhanced.
Thank you for reading this blog. God bless everyone!